Law approving application of DE-OIL-IT for oil spill cleanup
PROTECT YOUR IMAGE & SAVE MONEY USING DEOIL-IT FOR OIL SPILL CLEANUP!
Using DE-OIL-IT minimizes or avoids substantial costs of fines, clean-up, shut-downs, legal fees and environmental restoration and mitigation, and reinforces a stance of proactive environmental awareness and stewardship as part of your required oil spill cleanup plan. Request our dilution sheet for dozens of industries and applications.
ATTENTION – IMPORTANT NOTE IN THE EVENT OF
A FUEL OR OIL SPILL
(April 24, 2012) DE-OIL-IT is not yet listed on the EPA’s NCP [National Contingency Plan] Product Schedule as a dispersant or miscellaneous oil spill control agent. In the event of a fuel or oil spill when an EPA On Scene Coordinator [OSC] is dispatched and you have DE-OIL-IT on hand for immediate application to mitigate and remediate the spill (while at the same time minimizing the risk of fire or explosion), it is extremely important that the OSC be reminded of the following federal law in order to speed response and oil spill cleanup:
– UNITED STATES CODE OF FEDERAL REGULATIONS
– CFR TITLE 40: PROTECTION OF ENVIRONMENT
– 40 CFR 300.910 – AUTHORIZATION OF USE
– CHAPTER I: ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY (CONT.)
– SUBCHAPTER J: SUPERFUND, EMERGENCY PLANNING, AND COMMUNITY RIGHT-TO-KNOW PROGRAMS
– PART 300: NATIONAL OIL AND HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCES POLLUTION CONTINGENCY PLAN
– SUBPART J: USE OF DISPERSANTS AND OTHER CHEMICALS
“(d) The OSC [On Scene Coordinator] may authorize the use of any dispersant, surface washing agent, surface collecting agent, other chemical agent, burning agent, bioremediation agent, or miscellaneous oil spill cleanup, including products not listed on the NCP Product Schedule, without obtaining the concurrence of the EPA representative to the RRT [Regional Response Team].”