Boat Bilge Cleaner
CLEANING BOAT BILGE SPACES AND PUMPING BAYS AT SEA: BREAKS DOWN FUEL & OIL SPILLS THAT FIND THEIR WAY TO YOUR BILGE. DE-OIL-IT ELIMINATES STAINS AND ODORS ASSOCIATED WITH PETROLEUM VAPORS TO LEAVE YOUR BOAT BILGE CLEAN. DE-OIL-IT WILL BECOME YOUR FAVORITE BOAT BILGE CLEANER!
DE-OIL-IT Boat Bilge Cleaner Application Methods
Handheld Equipment: Direct pour, Spray bottle, Pressure can or Backpack sprayer, Spray boom and Fire hose sprayer.
- Prior to treatment, protect all wiring, engine intakes and other sensitive areas of the bilge that could be affected by exposure to water.
- There are 2 areas of the bilge that will be treated.
- The 1st part is the bottom of the bilge, which can be filled with water and DE-OIL-IT, but just up to a point that will not affect wiring or engine parts.
- The 2nd part concerns the bilge areas above that level, which will not be exposed to the bilge water when filled.
- Part 1, bottom of the bilge.
- Dilution ratio (from Concentrate): Full strength.
- Estimate the quantity of DE-OIL-IT needed to yield the desired results. When first getting used to using DE-OIL-IT, this amount is at best, a guess as the amount of product needed is directly related to the amount and type of fuel & oil present in the bilge.
- Fill the bilge with water to the required depth high enough to cover all of the oil and stained areas to be cleaned, but not so high as to affect wiring or engine parts.
- If in water, the vessel’s rocking motion will mix the solution and provide the agitation required for cleaning. Allow up to 24 hours for DE-OIL-IT to work.
- Part 2, bilge areas above the bilge water line.
- Dilution Ratio (from concentrate): 1 parts product to 2 parts water.
- Spray areas directly with DE-OIL-IT solution. This can include inboard engines, engine parts (see instructions for engine cleaning), bilge walls and ceilings.
- Agitate heavier grease build ups with a stiff bristle brush for quicker results.
- Allow up to 24 hours for DE-OIL-IT to work.
- Thoroughly rinse all parts of the bilge down into the bottom of the bilge.
- Prior to the bilge pump out, test the bilge water for petroleum residue. You can do this by taking a sample of the water and dropping it into fresh water and look for signs of petroleum. When you are sure the bilge tests clean and the oil is thoroughly neutralized, pump bilge out.
- Thoroughly rinse entire bilge area again with water and pump bilge dry.
Cautions: Keep Product away from children. Skin Contact: protective rubber gloves not required but recommended; rinse thoroughly with water until any irritation subsides; application of skin or hand moisturizer recommended after use; if irritation persists seek medical assistance. Not for prolonged use on glass.
De-Oil-It will clean bilges so thoroughly there will hardly be a trace of oil, grease or fuel. This product is particularly effective on fuel (diesel and gasoline) and while cleaning, De-Oil-It will immediately eliminate the flash point which will prevent fires and stop oder. Note that how you apply De-Oil-It and disposal of the cleaning process may be affected by government regulations regarding hydrocarbon contaminate (oil, grease, fuel) spills; please follow posted guidelines.
Note: using terms like “hardly a trace” is contributed to De-Oil-It’s “colloidal micelle formation” technology that reduces the surface tension of oils, grease, and fuels so that they do not stick to surfaces. This terminology also applies to the correct use of De-Oil-It that includes but not limited to appropriate amounts of De-Oil-It, water and air (both are activators of De-Oil-It), possible re-application (best guided by not only visual review but also testing of contamination levels), and perhaps government regulations that may affect how you apply and dispose of the cleaning process. Also hardly a trace refers to the application, and possible re-application, of De-Oil-It to further degrade hydrocarbons which in time is augmented by natural occurring bacteria
** Detoxification / non-toxic means an end result correctly applying De-Oil-It by following the recommended dilution guide, availability of water and oxygen (the activators of De-Oil-It), and being patient (in time naturally occurring bacteria in land and sea will enable the degrading of the hydrocarbon contaminant into smaller simpler molecules of carbon, hydrogen and oxygen versus a complex fully attached hydrocarbon molecular chain that is toxic). Detergents and solvents can only partially breakdown the hydrocarbon chain and their degrading action is weak in the sense that the separated simple hydrocarbon molecules re-bind, leaving remnants of toxic compounds that are harder if not impervious to natural bacteria final degrading; one consequence of this is to encapsulate the oil making it heavy and sink to the ocean floor – therefore in comparison to detergents and solvents, De-Oil-It starts as non-hazardous completely organic ingredients that are found on the Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) GRAS (“Generally Recognized as Safe”) List, and can transform hydrocarbon contaminates (oil, grease, fuel) into an inert (non-toxic) state. De-OilIt’s “colloidal micelle” technology more successfully breaks down the complex hydrocarbon chain, separates smaller simpler hydrocarbon elements, and De-Oil-It then more tightly binds to the broken down hydrocarbon chain parts so they do not reform as is the case with detergents and solvents. We are a non-detergent, non-solvent, organic only formula that works. We are here to help you understand remediation methods including how much agitation, working with soil and sea, as we have a wealth of experience regarding successful approaches and final outcomes.
For more information read our DISCLAIMER