DE-OIL-IT as a ENGINE DEGREASER CLEANS, DEGREASES AND DEGRADES GREASE AND OIL BUILD-UPS FROM ENGINE SURFACES.
Handheld Equipment: Spray bottle, Pressure can or Backpack sprayer.
- From Concentrate: Dilution Ratio: 1:5 parts product to water, up to 1:10.
- Can be applied to a hot engine. Works best if applied at +70 degrees.
- Cover any exposed electrical components with a plastic bag or plastic wrap. This will prevent the electrical components of the car from being exposed to water which will be needed.
- Cover the breather or air intake and carburetor on older engines with heavy aluminum foil or plastic. You may choose to tape or tie this in place, since water can cause serious problems if allowed into this area.
- Spray engine liberally with DE-OIL-IT.
- Agitate heavier grease build ups with a stiff bristle brush for quicker results.
- Allow 15 -30 minutes for DE-OIL-IT to fully penetrate the oil build-ups. DE-OIL-IT is water activated. When the treated area dries, the solids in DE-OIL-IT stop working and remain dormant until they are rehydrated.
- Thoroughly rinse engine and all areas in the engine compartment and even on painted surfaces outside the engine compartment that may have gotten some over spray.
- May require 2-3 treatments for heavier grease deposits.
- When targeting heavier build-ups and oily areas with spot spray applications, do not rinse afterwards. DE-OIL-IT will continue to break down any remaining grease and oil deposits from the engine for days and even weeks after treatment.
Cautions: Keep Product away from children. Skin Contact: protective rubber gloves not required but recommended; rinse thoroughly with water until any irritation subsides; application of skin or hand moisturizer recommended after use; if irritation persists seek medical assistance. Not recommended for long exposure periods to glass. Rinse thoroughly after each application.
Note: De-Oil-It removes the flash point from oil, grease, and fuel spills preventing or extinguishing fires. Depending on how you apply De-Oil-It and dispose of the cleaning process you might be affected by government regulations regarding the detoxification / degrading** of hydrocarbon (oil, grease, fuel) spills.
** Detoxification / non-toxic means an end result correctly applying De-Oil-It by following the recommended dilution guide, availability of water and oxygen (the activators of De-Oil-It), and being patient (in time naturally occurring bacteria in land and sea will enable the degrading of the hydrocarbon contaminant into smaller simpler molecules of carbon, hydrogen and oxygen versus a complex fully attached hydrocarbon molecular chain that is toxic). Detergents and solvents can only partially breakdown the hydrocarbon chain and their degrading action is weak in the sense that the separated simple hydrocarbon molecules re-bind, leaving remnants of toxic compounds that are harder if not impervious to natural bacteria final degrading; one consequence of this is to encapsulate the oil making it heavy and sink to the ocean floor – therefore in comparison to detergents and solvents, De-Oil-It starts as non-hazardous completely organic ingredients that are found on the Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) GRAS (“Generally Recognized as Safe”) List, and can transform hydrocarbon contaminates (oil, grease, fuel) into an inert (non-toxic) state. De-OilIt’s “colloidal micelle” technology more successfully breaks down the complex hydrocarbon chain, separates smaller simpler hydrocarbon elements, and De-Oil-It then more tightly binds to the broken down hydrocarbon chain parts so they do not reform as is the case with detergents and solvents. We are a non-detergent, non-solvent, organic only formula that works. We are here to help you understand remediation methods including how much agitation, working with soil and sea, as we have a wealth of experience regarding successful approaches and final outcomes.
For more information read our DISCLAIMER